Yes, but not in the way that you might think. Ashwagandha can to some extent play a positive role to help in increasing your height especially if you are a teenager, but remember this would only be providing you with some good nutritional value and some other related health benefits and does nothing exceptional when it comes to height
Some other things that Ashwagandha can help with include
- anxiety and stress
- boosting fertility
- testosterone in men
- Overall brain function
- contains alkaloids
- contains steroidal lactones
- contains saponins
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- has antiartritic properties
The Science Behind Height
Let’s start off by looking into the science behind it. To put it simply, height depends 30% to 40% on your daily activities, nutrition and how you promote it and the rest 60 to 70% is on genetics.
And eating nutrtious things like Ashwagandha is a try to better utilize those 30 to 40% as there is nothing you can do about the genetics part, but don’t worry these 30 to 40% change can be quite enough when it comes to stimulating height growth by yourself.
Starting off with the science behind it, The Pituitary gland is what basically releases height growing hormones. The hormones then travel through the blood, goes on to stimulate the liver to produce another chemical. This chemical further causes, the muscles and cartilages to multiply all over the body. By the end of bones are the growth plates which are basically soft disks made of cartilage and it is here that the chemical released from the liver also known as growth factor 1 makes the cartilage cells to multiply and grow. These new cells push the old cells near the center, which eventually leads to the elongation of bones and hence an increase in your height. So things like eating a tonne of protein, having an active lifestyle, indulging yourself in activities like swimming or playing basketball, hanging exercises gives your muscle and the bones the right conditions to grow as much as they optimally can.
Moreover, the exercises that you might be often told to do to increase your height can have another beneficial effect as well and that is bettering your “posture”, as there are quite a few people out there who end up not using their potential true height just because of bad posture. This is more effective then most people think in fact this can lead to an increase of up to 2 to 3 inches in height. So to sum it all up, the best things you can do to make sure that you end up getting to your optimal height is doing exercises/playing sports like swimming, basketball, hanging exercises (optimally 20 sets of hanging for 30 seconds when you are starting), and a good diet is also quite necessary (include things like almonds, yogurt, milk, Quinoa, eggs and as much protein rich food as possible like peanuts, chicken, fish) and things like Ashwagandha. And last but not least, remember that consistency is key and you will have to be patient, when it comes to your height.
Some Things You Can Do To Look Taller
- Stick to a Monochrome Palette: This basically means that don’t wear clothes with different colours but rather wear clothes of the same shade. This helps streamline the overall look. As wearing different color segments your body into parts and puts the inconsistencies on notice. Moreover, it is suggested that you wear the darker shade on the lower half of your body and the lighter shade on the upper, or the same color also goes if its one-piece
- Avoiding Low Waisted And Baggy Trousers: The optimal point to wear your trousers is at your natural waistline as this would maximise your leg line and put their length subconsciously on focus. And as you might know that longer legs in themselves prompt the perception of looking taller. Another thing that you can do is using a slimmer cut trouser with a smaller trouser rise as this would also put make your legs look long
- Wearing Fit Clothes: Well, many of the points that we have already mentioned pertain to this tip and that wearing fit clothes not only makes you look smart but also makes the overall length of your body stand out. That was exactly the reason that we said that having a tailor can be helpful as he/she would be making clothes customized to your size and shape
- Keeping The Leg Of Pants At Your Ankles: This basically means that you shouldn’t have saggy legs of your pants as they will make your lower body look smaller and rather have them a bit cuffed near the end of the pants, and if they aren’t already cuffed you can also cuff them yourself
- Slim Sleeves: Slim Sleeve can make your arms look distinct and make your overall frame look a bit tall. So, you can try a suit that is tighter right around the sleeves to pull this off correctly
- Shorter Jackets: Wearing short jackets pulls off an impression of your torso being shorter than your legs and your legs ultimately being long which gives off an impression of increased height. So you can try using jackets that fall above your hipbone. So for instance, if you are looking into wearing a sports outwear, look for one that has a smaller jacket
- Matching Your Socks And Pants: This can especially be helfpu if you are wearing socks that are visible, but the contrast shouldn’t be that sharp, its better if they are the different shades of the same colour. This will stretch out your body and make you look taller, So using blue socks for a blue suit is preferable
Hopefully, this article was helpful in answering some of your height-related questions. Lastly, if you want an answer to whether beards make you look tall or not, we have a great article written on that too, here is a link if you want to give it a look “Do Beards Make You Look Taller?” .And if you want to go through some of the benefits of being small, thestar has a great article written on this, do give it a look if you re interested “10 advantages of being short“