Yes, hanging can help increase your height without a doubt if you are consistent with it, but it doesn’t work as fast as one may assume as you will have to be patient and consistent. Don’t worry, we will be looking at all the involved aspects of hanging and how it actually can help you grow tall very elaborately in this article, so stay tuned and keep reading through.
The Science Behind It
Many of the experts out there say that gravity plays quite a big role when it comes to height
The science behind it states, that we walk around all day whilst the gravity of the earth keeps pushing us down and this puts a strain on the shoulders. This is where hanging comes to play its role as it can fight the overall effects of gravity on our body and hence promote height growth. One bad thing about them is that you need something that you can use for this like a poll or something else of that sort.
You can start off by doing reps of 20 to 30 seconds if possible and you can use even trees if you don’t like have pull up bar or anything of this sort. So basically anything that would keep you up from the ground with your hands hanging above would be alright. Moreover, it helps to relieve the pressure from your spine, which leads to a momentary increase in height, but this effect permanently remains to some extent if you stay consistent with it, this will also better the overall posture of your body and help you get rid of the back hump that you might have.
Hanging and other exercises along with it like the pull-ups can all prove quite helpful in elongating your overall spine whilst relieving the pressure from your involved joints. But one important factor to take note at this point is that, you will have to stay consistent with it if you want to keep seeing positive results, just like everything else in life
More About Science And Hanging For Height
This is an accepted fact that gravity plays a very vital role as to how long things are on a planet or a place. Especially considering that human beings are elastic, which is a very good property of ours in most as this saves us from breaking bones every now and then. But this also means that it would be compressed when a force such as gravity puts pressure on it. Doing an exercise like hanging on a daily basis, strengthens your back, shoulder muscles as well as your spine to bear somewhat not be effected that much by the always hanging pressure of gravity.
And doing hanging exercises with a pace of consistency can even help increase the length of your spine as our body has a beautiful ability to adapt to whatever place you or rigor you put it through, this is basically the reason that one starts developing more muscle mass and looking more and more muscular as he tends to lift more and more weights as that is what’s required of the body to fulfill that purpose. But one thing that we keep on repeating, again and again, is that your body won’t just become permanently taller just because you hang for a few days, just like one doesn’t get a 6- pack and a muscular body in a few weeks, you have to give it time and stay consistent. To better elaborate, here are a few examples from the real world
- People living near the equatorial region tend to be taller on average. This might be due to a combination of factors like nutrition and other relevant stuff. But one of those factors like is gravity. This means areas like Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Sao Tome & Principe, Gabon, Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Maldives, Indonesia, and Kiribati are usually taller in height than the people who live near the poles. And this is because of the fact that the force of gravity is lower at and near the equator due to the centrifugal forces being produced by Earth’s rotation, if you want to know more about this phenomena new scientist has a relevant article written on this very topic, so do give it a look if you are interested, here is the link “Gravity Map Reveals Earth’s Extremes“
- It is a known and understood fact that the heights of the astronauts after they come back to earth is seen to have increased a bit then when they left. And this is, as you might have guessed due being free from earth’s gravity in Space
Now that we have elaborately discussed how hanging can actually help you increase height, lets dive a bit into the ways of hanging and how you should try hanging for optimal results.
How You Should Hang Yourself ( LOL )
The heading might be a bit ambiguous but you know what we are talking about, so let’s get right to the point. There are many ways that you can start hanging, but it is suggested that you let your body completely loose as much as possible, whilst you are hanging, this helps the back and shoulder muscles to stretch as much as possible and that is exactly what we want.
A disclaimer that we would like to add at this point, is that you would be surprised at how difficult it can be to keep hanging even for as little as a minute. Most of the people out there can nearly hang for 10 to 15 seconds, so don’t get discouraged if you start off with this limit. Your limit will increase with time. What we suggest you to do is start with 10 sets of giving your absolute best at hanging, and then adding a set after every 2 days until you reach 20. This wont require much of your time but can be quite exhaustive so you need to keep that in mind and be prepared for that
Some Things To Consider For Hanging
- You will obviously be needing a horizontal bar to actually try hanging exercises, you can buy them from Amazon or just go to your local park where they already have it. You can also use any other tall suitable structures like some walls and others. Regardless it needs to be at a high enough place so your whole body can hang. You should try that the height is such that your feet are at least one feet from the ground
- If you don’t feel that your whole body is fully extended, all you need to do is bend your knees a bit. And whilst hanging, your palms should be facing away from you.
- You need to make sure about your that your grip is strong otherwise you would just keep on slipping out. Some warm-up for wrists might help.
Does Hanging Increase Height After 18?
Yes, it varies person to person, but generally one can increase his/her height after 18 years of age through hanging as well. One just needs to be consistent. But a bit later then 18 and it becomes more and more difficult to increase height
Deoes Hanging Work For Women?
Ofcourse, it does, the same way it does for men. Though women stop growing in height a bit earlier than men but there is no doubt to the fact that the height can be increased by a few inches. But the age of the person can also be a big factor
Can Hanging Increase Height After 25?
It is very difficult to increase your height after 25 years of age but there are some people who have done it. But regardless of being able to increase your height or not, hanging can definitely help you look taller either way by refining your posture
Hopefully, this article was helpful in answering your queries about hanging and height, if you have any further related questions, feel free to use the comment section below and if you want an answer to “How To Grow 5 Inches Taller In 2 Weeks?” we have an article written on that too so do give it a look too