The ideal male height is considered to be 5’11 in most parts of the world, however this figure can vary depending on the geographical area that you are talking about. Moreover, in a recent study 5’11 was also found to be one of the most sought after heights in men where a universal data from women from all around the world was taken.
But conventionally speaking, heights between 5’11 to 6’3 are all considered quite ideal height for men and height that are often praised and look after by most of the women out there.
What Height Is Considered Tall For A Man?
6 feet and above, usually men who are 6 feet and above are considered tall. But 6 feet is often considered the borderline area between short and tall. But does this mean that all men under 6 feet are short, obviously not, as there is a good range of height in-between that is completely decent, like 5 ft 5 to 5 ft 11.
Average Height Of Men In The World
171 cm or 5’6 and a half, The average height of men in the world is about 171 cm or 5’6 and a half, though this isn’t an exact figure due to obvious reasons but this does sum up the average height of men around the world to some extent
What Height Is Considered Short For A Man?
5’3 or shorter, this is the height that is considered to be short for a man considering all of the averages in the holistic averages of the world. The average height of men in the world is about 171 cm or 5’6 and a half. And for women it is 158 cm or 5′3 for women. So to sum it up if you are a man of height of 5’3 of shorter, you are mostly considered a short male and if you are a female equal to or shorter than 5 feet you are considered short. Another very important thing to remember at this point is that the perception of short and tall can vary quite a bit depending on the geographical location that you are in, as there are some countries that have a short average height, and then there are some where the average height is comparatively taller. And the “5 Feet 3 inches” is a figure considering the world averages of men not a specific geographical region.
Some Things Men Can Do To Look Taller
- Stick to a Monochrome Palette: This basically means that don’t wear clothes with different colours but rather wear clothes of the same shade. This helps streamline the overall look. As wearing different color segments your body into parts and puts the inconsistencies on notice. Moreover, it is suggested that you wear the darker shade on the lower half of your body and the lighter shade on the upper, or the same color also goes if its one-piece
- Avoiding Low Waisted And Baggy Trousers: The optimal point to wear your trousers is at your natural waistline as this would maximise your leg line and put their length subconsciously on focus. And as you might know that longer legs in themselves prompt the perception of looking taller. Another thing that you can do is using a slimmer cut trouser with a smaller trouser rise as this would also put make your legs look long
- Wearing Fit Clothes: Well, many of the points that we have already mentioned pertain to this tip and that wearing fit clothes not only makes you look smart but also makes the overall length of your body stand out. That was exactly the reason that we said that having a tailor can be helpful as he/she would be making clothes customized to your size and shape
- Keeping The Leg Of Pants At Your Ankles: This basically means that you shouldn’t have saggy legs of your pants as they will make your lower body look smaller and rather have them a bit cuffed near the end of the pants, and if they aren’t already cuffed you can also cuff them yourself
- Slim Sleeves: Slim Sleeve can make your arms look distinct and make your overall frame look a bit tall. So, you can try a suit that is tighter right around the sleeves to pull this off correctly
- Shorter Jackets: Wearing short jackets pulls off an impression of your torso being shorter than your legs and your legs ultimately being long which gives off an impression of increased height. So you can try using jackets that fall above your hipbone. So for instance, if you are looking into wearing a sports outwear, look for one that has a smaller jacket
- Matching Your Socks And Pants: This can especially be helfpu if you are wearing socks that are visible, but the contrast shouldn’t be that sharp, its better if they are the different shades of the same colour. This will stretch out your body and make you look taller, So using blue socks for a blue suit is preferable
Hopefully, this article was helpful in answering some of your height-related questions. Lastly, if you want an answer to whether beards make you look tall or not, we have a great article written on that too, here is a link if you want to give it a look “Do Beards Make You Look Taller?” .And if you want to go through some of the benefits of being small, thestar has a great article written on this, do give it a look if you re interested “10 advantages of being short“